BrandMaster/BrandMeister is an operating software for master servers participating in a worldwide infrastructure network of amateur radio digital voice systems.
Brandmeister/Brandmaster - Brandmeister is German and Brandmaster is English.
Reflector vs Talkgroups
One of the big things I hear on Brandmeister is … What are the talkgroups? Well here they are. One thing you have to remember is reflectors and talkgroups are two different things.
Reflectors range from 4000-4999 and are a link to a talkgroup. If you are on a DMR repeater and on timeslot 2 talkgroup 9 you can access a reflector as a private call to that reflector. Do a private call to that number, key up for a few seconds and then unkey. You will get a british female voice come back to you letting you know the number you are connected to.
Doing a private call to 5000 will tell you what you are connected to, and a manual dial to 4000 will disconnect you.
Mobile Radio (No Keypad) BrandMeister ::
Using Un-programmed Codeplug - To make things easy, just program your radio for the "talkgroups".
1. reflector 4639 and talkgroup 3100 are the same thing.
2. Create a Private Call and Talkgroup each for the REF4639/talkgroup.
3. Just program your radio for TimeSlot 2 talkgroup 3100 and you are there. No manual dial needed.
4. When you are finished with your conversation, you can either disconnect using a created Contact and group “REF4000” keyup or the reflector will timeout after five (5) minutes of inactivity.
***** comment below or share information something that outlines setup for mobile and Brandmeister/Brandmaster
Handheld Keypad BrandMeister ::
Using Preprogrammed Codeplug
1. Dial your radio to the “VE3YYZ Local” channel.
2. Select the reflector name (e.g. REF4326) from the Contacts list in your radio.
3. With the reflector name highlighted, key your PTT. This will initiate a Private Call to that reflector and establishing your connection.
4. Exit from the Contacts menu in your radio. You can now make your call on that reflector using the VE3YYZ Local channel.
5. When you are finished with your conversation, you can either disconnect using the Contact “REF4000” or the reflector will timeout after five (5) minutes of inactivity.
- TG 302 - Canada / Regional for local / regional contacts.
timeslot1 is used only for talkgroup communication ( so no private reflector on timeslot1 just talkgroup calls) timeslot2 is for reflector communication and then after 15 min it goes back to talkgroup 302 Canada not reflector.
- TG 9 - VE3YYZ Local / Reflector
To link and unlink the reflector, program the radio with the reflector number as a group call on timeslot 2. To link to a reflector, select the reflector number from the contacts list and transmit for about 1 second. The repeater should respond with a voice announcement, "Linked to xxxx". Then go back to Talkgroup 9 to make a QSO.
To unlink select 4000 from the contacts list, transmit for about 1 second, and you should hear a voice announcement "Not Linked".
Complete Brandmeister Reflectors List / Complete Brandmeister Talkgroups